Tuesday, February 2, 2010

THE BIG GAME

After my seven years in advertising, I have a bit of a complex about actually using the term Super Bowl since it is trademarked times 100. "The Big Game" is how I would cleverly disguise it in my radio commercials (creative, huh?) ok, maybe it is not too original but what will be original is our fabulous Big Game menu. We have both families and friends coming over and it is going to be a great time. And NT is of course excited to test out the new surround sound. It will probably sound like we are standing on the 50 yard line.

Here is what I am thinking for the menu:

Homemade Salsa and Guacamole
Chili (plan on making this early in the day and the crock-pottin' it)
Rotel Dip (a must for any party)
An amazing large sub sandwich (prepared by Chef Wes)
Chicken Pesto and Chicken Parmesan Sliders
Wings (prepared on the Big Green Egg by NT)
Paula Deen's Toffee Brownies
Peanut Butter Cup cookies (made by Pillsbury ;-)

This menu is perfect because there is really only one opportunity for me to start a kitchen fire. I am trying to minimize the risk for myself and our guests. By cleverly using crock pots, my friends and my husband-only one item will be prepared on the stove. I have a horrible addiction to sweets so to be honest I could cancel the whole above menu and go something more like cheesecakes, brownies, cookies and fudge cakes!

Be sure to check back this weekend because we are making the trek to Gaffney to visit the fabulous and amazing Pottery Barn Outlet. The camera will be in tow to show you the deals of a lifetime--we are taking NT's truck so we can fill it up. I am on the search for barstools, cool glass canisters for our bathroom and a lamp for the media room.

Big Game, Big Shopping....Big Weekend. It stinks that it is only Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Totally hungry now & it's only 9am. Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i stopped at the outlet after seeing you recently...they definitely have glass canisters but not sure if i remember seeing bar stools. lots of fun stop that lauren's rental house can not accommodate at this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. fun stop = fun stuff. damn humpday.

    ReplyDelete