Tuesday, May 11, 2010

FAT AND HAPPY

Is it possible to really be "fat and happy?" Because I kind of think not and here is my logic. Yes, I do feel happy when I am eating queso or a brownie a la mode but I am not that happy when my pants don't fit or my stomach rolls out on top of my skirt....gross.

I guess maybe life is good fat and happy as long as you can wear yoga pants and big t-shirts but let's be real....I am in sales...I don't think rolling out in my "comfy" clothes is acceptable.

However, I do think America is perhaps embracing the muffin top (that is what they call that fat on top of the pants) because women's clothing designs are really helping to cover up my "out of shapeness"

First here is the muffintop in detail for those who are not in the know....
But luckily I am never tempted to wear a very short tank with too tight jeans and a studded belt. Instead I have found 5 key wardrobe pieces that allow me to eat Queso and still hide my not so tight belly.

KEY WARDROBE PIECE #1: THE TUNIC
Look at the flowiness....that just screams eat a brownie and you don't even have to suck in!

KEY WARDROBE PIECE #2: LEGGINGS
Yep....these little babies just suck you right in. It is like spanx but cuter (and the celebs wear them too which is an extra plus)

KEY WARDROBE PIECE #3: THE SCARF
The scarf is merely used as a decoy....a distraction if you will. As in "don't look at my muffin top, instead look at my beautiful turquoise scarf which was handcrafted....by someone overseas"

KEY WARDROBE PIECE #4: DRESSES
Love 'em and couldn't live without them! It is a highlight of summertime...dresses!

KEY WARDROBE PIECE #5: BLOUSY TOP
I think I make up words on my blog....like "blousy"....but think I am allowed to do this since I write the blog? Not sure. But the point is any blousy top is alright with me!

Now if I only I could get Todd the Bod (my crazy trainer who tortures me to the point of not being able to breathe) to understand that I just want to wear tunics and scarves and eat ice cream freely with no guilt.

California in four days! Wine Country here we come.......about that diet.....

No comments:

Post a Comment